10th of May 2014 is a custom holiday all over India since it is the second Saturday of the month.
MUMBAI – Sea
- JNPT: Normalized
- NSICT: Normalized
- GTI: Normalized
- Operations running normal for now.
- Equipment availability has improved.
- Still there is huge backlog as Mumbai air cargo terminal.
- Long queues can be seen outside the terminal for gating in cargo.
- Most carriers are overbooked and not confirming space on the same day..
- There are also delays at trans-shipment ports.
- Transit time for Lille especially is affected and taking 2 – 3 days more due congestion trans-shipment port as well.
DELHI – Sea
- ICD FARIDABAD: Rail movement normal
- CFS PATPARGANJ: Rail movement normal
- ICD DADRI: Rail movement normal
- ICD Loni: 3-4 days pendency for railing to Mumbai port and 3-4 days to Mundra port
- Pipavav: Getting back to normal slowly – Containers taking min 3-4 days i/o 4-5 days to rail out for import shipments.
- ICD : TUGHLAKABAD (TKD) – Gating In of FCL & LCL slow since carting is restricted to 80 in a day and after 8 pm cargo cannot be offloaded at night and this is resulting in long waiting time for truckers.
- CMA is having equipment shortage for Food grade containers for rice stuffing.
- Due to container shortage CMA CGM is not releasing the booking for Rice Fit Container Port Louis.
- BEN Line has stopped the service to TAMATAVE port for the time being
- Containers from ICDs (like Delhi) are not gated in at NSICT due to Electrical power shutdown on the 220 KV transmission port of JNPT Port From 0600 hrs of 1st May 2014 to 1800 hrs of 2nd May 2014, Export gates for all boxes are closed and this will result in shipments getting delayed for a week.
DELHI – Air
- Most of the airlines [ JET, QATAR, ETIHAD, AIR FRANCE / SINGAPORE] going full / OVER BOOKED for France and other destinations of Europe
- Airline need 4-5 days advance booking
- AIR INDIA /SINGAPORE, AIR FRANCE accepting cargo on EXPRESS BASIS FOR EUROPE and we are expecting other airlines will also accept cargo on express basis only in this week and next week too.
- Most of the Airlines increased the BASIC FREIGHT RATES
- AIR PORT AUTHORITY having backlog and trucks queue up and get offloaded after 15-24 Hrs which generally take 3-4 hours and mostly truck drivers have been spending whole day in the trucks and cargo off load in the night and customs clearance process is slow and taking min 1 day instead of 5-6 hours, due to cargo backlog with port authority and hardly to get the space for examination the cargo with customs department.
CHENNAI & TUTICORIN
- Chennai Port going smoothly operational wise, no issue reported yet.
- 20’ & 40’HQ container Equipment shortage in Tuticorin Port with carrier like: MSC/ CMA-CGM/ MOL SHIPPING/ HANJIN / K-LINE on priority wise they are allotting the container depend upon availability.
- Ex. Chennai : Some carriers like PIL, MOL, MSC informed that there are congestion at Singapore for Africa sector expecting minimum one week rollover presently.
- Due to power failure at Tuticorin port feeder vessel DS ABILITY V 0364E sailing delayed ex. Tuticorin on 02nd May, 2014 ** Midnight i/o 2nd May, 2014 early morning, Hence, shipping line not able to connect on the EVER LADEN VOY 0009E at Colombo 04-05-2014
- So all the planned shipment for this vessel will be connecting now on M.V EVER LIVELY V 0002W etd Colombo :12-05-2014 eta Rotterdam :02-06-2014. Eta :Hamburg :30-05-2014 ,Eta Lehavre :05-06-2014
- Week no. 20 (18.05.2014) Mother vessel skipping from Colombo to Europe (EVERGREEN/ HANJIN / K-LINE/ YMML Consortium), so we are expecting more space problem in this week’s mother vessel & may be 21st Week vessel as well from Colombo.
CHENNAI & BANGALORE
- Mostly airlines [ AIR INDIA, QATAR, ETIHAD, AIR FRANCE , SAUDI / SINGAPORE] going full / OVER BOOKED for Europe and France, SV having some problem in their HUB (RIYADH/ JEDAH)
- Airline need 4-5 days advance booking.
- Most of the Airlines increased the BASIC FREIGHT RATES.