North Major Ports
NORMAL: No Operational issues at all at this point in time.
- AT ICD Loni: Container takes 2-3 days for railing to Mumbai port.
- ICD FARIDABAD: Container takes 2-3 days for railing to Mumbai port
- CFS PATPARGANJ (PPG): Container takes 1-2 days for railing to Mumbai port.
- ICD DADRI: Normal
- ICD TUGHLAKABAD (TKD): Generally Container takes 2-3 days for railing to Mumbai port but due to transporter strike huge pendency and heavy jam of vehicle is taking place out side the entry gate.
West Major Ports
- NORMAL: No issues at all at this point in time but can expect some rush as many sea shipments may get diverted to air.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust ( JNPT): Affected by strike as backlog need to be cleared.
- Nhava Sheva International Container Terminal (NSICT) : Strike called off on 25th October, backlog to be cleared.
- Gateway Terminals India Pvt Ltd (GTI) :Affected by strike as backlog need to be cleared.
- CONCOR : Outgoing not an issue because there is no offloading of import containers since port is affected.
- PIPAVAV: Still there is pendency.
As per different sources, the situation will take weeks to normalize even after the strike is called off due to the congestion that follows.
Shipping lines already announced that they will be implementing ‘Port Congestion Surcharges’ from 28th October 2013.
South Major Ports
CHENNAI & BANGALORE
- Air Port – Situation is normal.
CHENNAI & TUTICORIN
- CHENNAI: Normal
- TUTICORIN: Normal