North Major Ports
- NORMAL: No Operational issues at all at this point in time.
- AT ICD Loni: Container takes 2-3 days for railing to Mumbai port.
- ICD FARIDABAD: Container takes 2-3 days for railing to Mumbai port
- CFS PATPARGANJ (PPG): Container takes 1-2 days for railing to Mumbai port. At the moment there is some strike due to one accident that happened.
- ICD DADRI: System are working very slow.
- ICD TUGHLAKABAD (TKD): Generally Container takes 2-3 days for railing to Mumbai port. Custom Systems are not working properly.
- Custom broker agents are not getting the cargo carting permission on time, due to which huge pendency and heavy jam of vehicle is taking place out side the entry gate and vehicles are taking 2-4 days for getting the entry in ICD TKD .
THIS IS PEAK SEASON IN INDIA …AND DUE TO STRIKE GOING ON AT MUMBAI PORT, MOSLTY SHIPPER’S FROM NORTHERN INDIA PREFRERRING TO MOVING THEIR CARGO THRU MUNDRA PORT TO AVOID ANY DELAY.
SO WE EXEPCTED SOME BACKLOG AT MUNDRA PORT IN NEXT COMING DAYS.
West Major Ports
- NORMAL: No issues at all at this point in time but can expect some rush as many sea shipments may get diverted to air.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust ( JNPT): Affected by strike
- Nhava Sheva International Container Terminal (NSICT) : Strike since 15th October still going on.
- Gateway Terminals India Pvt Ltd (GTI) :Affected by strike.
- CONCOR : Outgoing not an issue because there is no offloading of import containers since port is affected.
- PIPAVAV: pendency of containers approx. 3785 TEUS are standing there since 11.10.13 for ICD TKD COLOADERS like EMU , ILSA operating from CFS PPG are trying to move the cargo from Mundra port.
- Operations at port badly affected and many shipping lines are diverting to Mundra and Hazira port in Gujarat. This option is only possible for factory stuffed containers and if the shipper is already registered there with customs.
- LCL shipment is affected and consolidators cannot use Mundra and Hazira options as they stuff goods from multiple shippers with separate clearance for each shipper.
- As per different sources, the situation will take weeks to normalize even after the strike is called off due to the congestion that will follow. Shipping lines already announced that they will be implementing ‘Port Congestion Surcharges’ from 28th October.
- Most consolidators for LCL shipments are based at Dhronagiri and as from yesterday they have also announced a go-slow which means LCL shipments will also be affected.
- November 1st to 5th is festive season with very low activity.
South Major Ports
CHENNAI & BANGALORE
- Air Port – Situation is normal now.
CHENNAI & TUTICORIN
- CHENNAI : Normal
- TUTICORIN: Normal