AIR & SEA SITUATION – WEEK 10 (06.3.2017 – 12.3.2017) – INDIA
- Heavy Back log at Airport, QR not accepting any cargo on last DT. 04.03.2017/ SQ – Amsterdam flight (Today evening- 06.03.2017) has been closed last week Thursday (Dt. 02.03.2017) itself, EY & EK only accepting Perishable and EXPRESS rate cargo for the movement.
- Mostly Airlines required booking 2-3 days prior of shipments to secure the space / booking confirmation. All the Air Lines are going full all are
CHENNAI – SEA Port
- Chennai Port Operation is under normal,
- USA & EUROPE Ports carriers vessels are going full need to place the booking well in advance to get the space.
CHENNAI – AIR
- Airport Operation is very pathetic situation AIR PORT ramp no space to off load the cargo, minimum 8 to 10 Hrs taking once Truck reached at Air Port to get offload, Air lines are accepting only small volume now below 1 ton per day, not accepting any bulk shipment. QR (Today – 06.03.17) freighter has been cancelled. EK/ EY/LH/ SQ are accepting only the cargo under EXPRESS rates. All other Europe carriers are increased their rates even though they are not able to give confirm schedule. Now onward schedule is getting delayed 6 to 8 days from earlier 3 to 4 days.
Below message received today from LH office.
Dear Business Partners,
This is to inform you that due to unexpected offloads and heavy backlog situation, we kindly request you to hold today’s movement. Will keep you posted on the status.
Thanks for your support and understanding in this regard.
Sales Team, MAA
COCHIN – SEA PORT
- Port Operation is under normal,
CALCUTTA – SEA PORT
- Some back log has been cleared now, liners are accepting the booking slowly now for Week no.11 & 12 feeder vessel.
CALCUTTA – Air Port
- Airport Operation is under Normal now, Due to Sea Port issue lot of cargo is diverted from Sea to Air so we are expecting more rush on Air Port, need to block the space in Advance if any urgent shipment, Air Line also taking this advantage to slightly increasing their rates.
CHITTAGONG SEA PORT
Average waiting time at outer anchorage:-
- Gearless vessels: 2/3 days.
- Geared vessels having draft (shallow) 8.55 M. on average: 2-3 days
- Geared vessels (deep draft) having draft (shallow) more than 8.55 M., on 2-3 days
Average berth occupancy:-
- 3 days (May vary from vessel to vessel)
- Please note that cargo flow is increasing at DAC Airport and airlines are planning to Increase rates
DELHI – SEA EXPORT
ICD LONI: Pendency of 3-4 days for railing to Nhava Sheva / Mumbai and Mundra Port
ICD FARIDABAD: Currently Rail movement is normal 2-3 days
CFS PATPARGANJ [PPG]: Currently Rail movement pendency from Patparganj to Nhava Sheva / Mumbai and Mundra via Loni are 3-4 days min
ICD DADRI: Pendency of 3-4 days for railing to Nhava Sheva / Mumbai and Mundra Port
ICD: TUGHLAKABAD (TKD): Pendency of 2-3 days for railing to Nhava Sheva / Mumbai and Mundra Port (Transit time from Tughlakabad to Mundra 3 – 4 days)
DELHI – SEA IMPORT
1. FROM NHAVA SHEVA PORT IMPORT
FCL – containers taking 3-4 days to rail out for import shipments.
LCL shipments taking 5-6 days to rail out for import shipments after reworking.
2. FROM MUNDRA: Containers are taking 3-4 days to rail out for import shipments to TKD DELHI and 2-3 days to rail out for import shipments to GARHI HARSU [GDL].
3. FROM PIPAVAV – Containers are taking 2- 3 days to rail out for import shipments to TKD DELHI
DELHI – AIR
Airport Situation à
1. Delhi Airport is experiencing peak season due to financial year 2016-2017 ending of India and most of the Airlines are having heavy backlog and accepting booking well in advance with delayed transit. We are keeping a very close track with all our shipments to get booking ASAP.
2. Airport Operation is very pathetic situation AIR PORT ramp no space to off load the cargo, minimum 8 to 10 Hrs. taking once Truck reached at Air Port to get offload.
KANPUR – SEA IMPORT
1. FROM NHAVA SHEVA PORT:
FCL – Containers taking 4-5 days to rail out for import shipments.
LCL – shipments taking 5-7 days to rail out for import shipments after reworking.
2. FROM MUNDRA: Containers are taking 4-5 days to rail out for import shipments to KANPUR
MUMBAI – SEA
- JNPT: Slow moving traffic to port terminal.
- NSICT: Slow moving traffic to port terminal.
- GTI: Normal moving traffic to port terminal.
- GT-NSICT: Slow moving traffic to port terminal
- Mumbai Air Port: Normal moving traffic to Air cargo terminal
TUTICORIN – SEA PORT
- Please note that Tuticorin Port Operation under normal presently Feeder Vessel berthing & sailing timely, some carriers are facing 40’GP & HQ equipment shortage at Tuticorin Port i.e. CMA-CGM/ EVERGREN & APL & MSC